MiHINtern Program Basics
MiHINterns represent a broad range of degree areas and develop excellent collaboration skills while working with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Earn hourly wage
- Work with a professional staff mentor
- Learn about cutting-edge healthcare initiatives
- Collaborate with staff members and other MiHINterns on projects and presentations
- Network with health IT industry leaders
The MiHIN internship program accepts international students with up-to-date work authorization for off-campus employment.
MiHIN recruits undergraduate and graduate student interns from many accredited colleges and universities. You must be an enrolled student for the duration of your internship, but your degree area is not a concern at MiHIN. Our main interest is your bright mind and your willingness to accomplish thoughtful, creative work.
- Two semester commitment
- Quick learner in fast-paced, high-expectations environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative with little direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fun, positive attitude
- Able to pass background check
As a MiHINtern, you will be paired with a full-time team member to act as your mentor throughout your internship. You will collaborate with your mentor, other team members, and MiHINterns on projects and presentations. High-performing interns are encouraged to stay with MiHIN for multiple semesters.
Connect with us on Twitter at @MiHIN to learn more about the students who participate in our #MiHINtern internship program.
- Routinely communicate and track project status and work schedule to team members via emails, meetings, presentations, reports, etc.
- Provide day-to-day support for assigned projects including preparing meeting agendas, tracking follow-up action items, and documenting meeting activities/minutes
- Participate in weekly project team calls, stakeholder roll calls, staff roll calls, and related project meetings
- Contribute to challenging projects yielding valuable experience
Note: Responsibilities vary greatly by department
MiHIN does not discriminate in employment against persons based on age, color, disability, gender, gender identity/gender expression, genetic information, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and have the ability to pass a background and history check in keeping with federal and state regulations.