The Upper Peninsula Health Information Exchange (UPHIE) is a legally Qualified Organization currently in production exchanging electronic health information with MiHIN.
UPHIE is a health information organization that started from a background of strong collaboration between facilities, providers and other health care organizations in the Upper Peninsula. The goal is to bring together health care stakeholders within rural communities to facilitate the exchange of health care information for the purpose of improving health care in the region.
By leveraging a strong HIE vendor partnership, UPHIE has been able to expand their service area beyond the Upper Peninsula to include other areas of the State of Michigan and bordering states.
Capabilities currently include:
- Clinical Portal — provides clinical information at the physician’s fingertips with a community-wide longitudinal patient record, including consolidated lab results with critical value alerts, medication history, allergies, diagnostic views, problem lists, visit history, radiology image access, and secure clinical communications.
- Lab Hub solution delivering HL7 lab results directly into the Participant’s EHR
- Support of HIE Standard transactions such as XDS.b and XCA for cross-community query
- DTAAP Certified DIRECT Messaging HISP
- Submission of Michigan Public Health reporting transactions
- Rapid onboarding for PO’s who wish to participate in the Statewide ADT Notification Service
- XDR technology which allows Direct messaging within the Participant’s EHR
- SmartAlerts™ — detail rich alerts that can be triggered by specific events identified by your organization and deliver a notification to the patient’s care team in near real-time.
- Active participants in Query By Parameter for historical immunizations, Common Key Service to improve patient matching, State Lab Submission, and Med Rec/CCD exchange.
- Immunization delivery to the State of Michigan from tribal health systems using RPMS
- DIRECT Messaging communication with the Veterans Administration and supported behavioral health agencies
UPHIE Contact Info
Website: Upper Peninsula Health Information Exchange